LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Misfire help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire help please

Well i decided it was time to get back into a LT1 car and found a good deal on a 97 Ws6 bone stock with a ripper shifter.picked it up about 2hrs away and on the way home i noticed the SES light flashing at me,though o'crap already got problems lol.the car actually drove just fine tho,couldnt feel any hesitation really and it made it home with no issues. I hooked up the trusty tech2 as soon as i got home to find it was #7 and #4 misfiring equal times,so here is what ive done so far trying to track down my problem:

- found #7 plug wire was burned up so went ahead and replaced all the plug wires but the mis didnt go away.

-pulled #7 plug and it looked normal,no wear and looked to be burning good.it was a NGK TR5 so a stock heat range plug.

-checked for spark with my tester and it was getting spark just fine to #7

-thought maybe it was and injector so checked the wiring to #7 and #4 with a noid light and all was good there,also swapped around the injectors to try and make the mis chase but it didnt move.

only thing else i can really think to do is move #7 and #4 spark plugs around to see if maybe there is a problem with the plugs like a hair line crack.or could it be in the opti cap or even the opti its self???usually opti problems cause all cylinders to misfire but im not one to rule anything out. any advise or ideas would be awesome!thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Misfire help please