LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Replacement Clutch disk for Centerforce dual friction

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Replacement Clutch disk for Centerforce dual friction

I have a Centerforce dual friction clutch setup i'm about to be installing in my 68 camaro LT1/T56 setup. Its a used setup and I would like to buy a new disk for it just to be sure it will last. And I plan to resurface the PP/flywheel. My biggest question is what other brand/part number disks will work well with the CF/DF Pressure plate? Any help/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, T.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 88silvergt
I have a Centerforce dual friction clutch setup i'm about to be installing in my 68 camaro LT1/T56 setup. Its a used setup and I would like to buy a new disk for it just to be sure it will last. And I plan to resurface the PP/flywheel. My biggest question is what other brand/part number disks will work well with the CF/DF Pressure plate? Any help/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, T.
I have the same setup and had to replace mine about 3 years ago. According to CF, I don't think any other disc will work with this setup due to the flying weight design. However, I do believe you can send your's off to CF and they'll resurface it and rebuild it for much cheaper than a new unit. Call CF and see what they say as their customer support was really good when I spoke with them.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

I called CF and they said that there is no part number for just the disk as they only sell it as a complete kit. And that they also dont do any kind of rebuilding or refurbishing. He actually said they consider the PP a throw away item once the disk is worn. Wierd. He did tell me that the clutch disk new is .330 and compressed is .315 so that if I wanted to find another disk for it just look in that range. Now i just have to call all the other manufacturers and see how this their disks are lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pressure plate is a throwaway item...
Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

I went ahead and ordered the Competition Clutch stage 4 kit. Will see how that does.

Quick Reply: Replacement Clutch disk for Centerforce dual friction