LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

issues at low rpm(video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues at low rpm(video)

After deleting the EGR and AIR out of the car and redoing the intake gaskets(It started leaking on me) the first crank up it started the issue. Went to clean MAF with some q-tips and reset the pcm, then car was fine, went for a drive and the video explains what happens. It's a 1994 obd1, but SES still came on for AIR and EGR. Heard it's luck of the draw on obd1s. Had it scanned and those were the only codes. I deleted the egr becuase I thought it was going out because this problem was happening before, but lightly and only around 2k, but rpm gauge never jumped like it's doing now.

Car is a 1994 camaro z28 A4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9PFnW0DMHY
There's a video I made today(sorry hard to see, sun was very bright today) of the issues I'm having. The issue seems to only happen in closed loop. Well, closed loop to me, I haven't gotten the chevy lingo yet, it's my first v8, been a dsm guy for about 8 years now, but seems closed loop to yall is thermostat related. where in a dsm it's when ecu shuts off all emissions extras in high rpm. Basically I'm saying if I WOT, it doesn't do it and runs prefect.

In the video I was very smooth with the throttle from 2k to 3k, all jerking and rpm bouncing was done by the car.
This starts happening sometimes at car start up or after 30+ minutes of driving. I did a WOT pull and a few minutes after driving slow back home, it started again.

This happens from 1.5k rpm to around 3k, with the worst happening right at 2k and 3k. At WOT car is fine. Feels like it's misfiring when it happens and car jerks alittle.
Also at a light or stopped the volt gauge will jump up and down crazy, and sometimes feel like the car is about to die. Doesn't seem to do it in park.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by bennett28; 05-11-2011 at 01:15 PM.