LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to do with my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do with my car

Well guys I am really up in the air of selling my bird. Its not been the first time I have wanted to sell it. Run down on the car. I have owned it since April 2008. The car died in February 2009. Since then its been 150 miles and blown an engine and the transmission have gone down. Right now the car will not run right with a lt-4 hot cam. Right now I have a low end miss fire. But thats been on a long hunt only to find nothing. Anyways here is all the stuff I have replaced in the last 27 months.

-Engine twice. Now has a 87k short block with 561 heads with Crane dual Springs. Also has the lt-4 hot cam and 1.6 roller rockers. Engine was very clean. I think it was rebuilt not to long ago.
-Transmission is a t-56 rebuilt to a stage 2 from hawks third gen. It has maybe 5 miles on it. Also has a brand new spec stage 3 with new slave and master.
- New starter,Opti,wires,plugs,coil,icm.
- Magnaflow Exhaust got it for cheap but its not welded up.

That is the big stuff of the top of my head. I am just tired of the car just sitting around. The other problem is the hunk of junk that is the dd. My Honda is the worst car ever. It does not make a week before it needs another $50-100. So that is not allowing me to save up to get work done on the bird. Since the honda seems to be running well enough I would like to get it gone. So I figure with the two cars and the extra stuff waiting to go on the bird I could get a 5k down payment on a newer car. Or I could try to get another car as long as its not a Honda. I would like just to sell the crx but that would leave me with no car to drive to work during the week. What would you guys do.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

When you say the car isn't running right what are the symptoms?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Random missfire. Had a tuned odb2. So swapped out an obd1 and knock sensor. No change. Checked fuel pressure and its good. Checked the coil,icm, both tested good. New wires are good along with the plugs. Still cant figure it out. Could but I need to get the exhaust welded up. Along with the wideband to install. Whats holding me back on that is I really hate the magnaflow exhaust. Horrible sound and tone....and fitment. So thats up in the air right now.

Quick Reply: What to do with my car