LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 oxygen sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 oxygen sensor issues

My car has been runnning very poorly at part throttle. Wide open and idle are fine, but crusing around town or on the highway it wants to start missing and seems to be running very rich. The O2 sensors seemed to be stuck at about 450mv, so I unplugged them to see how it ran when it was in open loop. Much to my surprise i was still seeing readings of 450mv even with the O2 sensors disconnected. Do I have a wiring issues that is causing the pcm to see 450 mv even when the sensors are unplugged? The sensors are less than 6 month old Delcos. Car is a 94 TA with a 6 speed.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

did you wire extensions in when replacing these or did you use factory wiring? Sounds like there could be a short in the wires.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Launching!

factory wiring, but I did have a short years ago in the bundle of wires that goes to the drivers side o2 sensor, speed sensor on the transmission, etc.

I suspect that there is a short in those wires again. Would this cause the pcm to see voltage even when these sensors are disconnected?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue94
factory wiring, but I did have a short years ago in the bundle of wires that goes to the drivers side o2 sensor, speed sensor on the transmission, etc.

I suspect that there is a short in those wires again. Would this cause the pcm to see voltage even when these sensors are disconnected?
Take a digital multimeter and set it to ohms see if it is or not. It would be quick and easy to see if it were.

Quick Reply: LT1 oxygen sensor issues