LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

let me see pic of cai delete's

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default let me see pic of cai delete's

Im wantin to get rid of my cai on my ta. I know u cant go to the lid unless u got a ram air hood. So what are yall guys doin. Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Ls1 lid doesnt require ram air. But it does require someone whos fairly capable with a cut off wheel and to me the benifit is far greater then a CAI, even if you do need to cut up your car. It looks better, it performs better, and unless your gonna do a procharger or something it really doesnt matter if you cut up the car, but even then a stock upper rad support will bolt back in and cover up the hole.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

do u have any pics of u doin yours. thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

I did a lid with a modified ls1 rad support on a stock z28 hood. I can do one on a stock z hood I'm sure you can on a ta too. Pics of how I did mine on my page.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

the only pics i have of mine are befor and after, and a shot of the hole i cut. but here they are. The hood also required cutting, i didnt take a pic of that, it was hot and my last cut off wheel was almost gone (get the idea?). You basically just have to cut the hood where the top of the lid is for clearance. As far as the plastic upper rad support i just took a cut off wheel to it as well, i get a 2nd chance though since i sat on it and cracked it, junkyard let me have one for 8$ though so ill do a better job this time around.

If you take your time you can do a clean swap, just remember the radiator has to be leaned backwards and also a lip of it has to be cut. Also where i cut my hole most people will just cut the top and back peace and make an L, i went all the way through for more air flow since im running a transcooler as well.