LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

possible misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible misfire?

hey guys. i got a 96 z28 that i finally finished putting in the clutch and fuel pump. it started up and idles fine.

today i took it to a carwash by my house and the drive over there was fine. it ran like a champ. after i got done washing it, the drive back home was bad. it was sputtering and stumbling and had no power.

it sat up for a couple of months so i figured it has to be bad gas. but what i was wondering is that when i start it up, it idles fine. after a couple of minutes of idling, it starts to sound like ****. when i rev it, it struggles, and i think i hear it misfiring. i turn it off and leave it alone for like 5 minutes, start it up and it sound fine then starts to misfire.

i was wondering if anyone had a similar problem to this and what yall did to remedy it. i wanna make sure everything is fine and tip-top before i think about selling it. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I absolutly love these posts...Now dont get me wrong, i dont love that your car isnt running properly. Its just the whole "misfire" and "carwash" thing. Cracks me up everytime.

"Your opti-crap sparked out"
Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the thing is, im using the delteq system in my car.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

doesnt the delteq still use the optical sensor? or some form of the opti to get a signal? I think you can buy the optical sensor seperate.

Quick Reply: possible misfire?