LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Taylor cut to fit wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taylor cut to fit wires

I am want to know what the best way to put these wires together is. I am putting a set together for my ltcc ignition, but I am having problems getting the opti straight boots on. Also, will it hurt if I slightly pinch the inside wire when I cut and strip it? I am using the taylor tool to make the wires.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by henry172
I am want to know what the best way to put these wires together is. I am putting a set together for my ltcc ignition, but I am having problems getting the opti straight boots on. Also, will it hurt if I slightly pinch the inside wire when I cut and strip it? I am using the taylor tool to make the wires.
I have used a little WD40 on the inside of the boot, and then slid it on quickly. It absorbs into the rubber pretty quick, so you have to hurry. Pinching the wire shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is what I have been doing but it is a pain in the butt. It took 3hrs for me to get the passenger side coils on and the plug wires in; I am going around headers with the smog crap on them and they are not making things easier.

Quick Reply: Taylor cut to fit wires