LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

engine harness headache!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine harness headache!

Ok I have a 95 z28 m6 and I was injured not too long ago and had to park it for a few months well the Damn pack rats had there fun..... now the headache I have searched for over a week and couldn't find a positive answer so I figured is come to the lt1 gods . I bought a harness out of a 95 z28 for 10 dollars . Perfect harness . But forgot to even look until now that it was a a4 not a m6 ..... am I ok on this ? Will it just swap out ? Or should I just solder good ends onto my original harness to make one good harness ? Thanks fellas
Old 06-21-2011, 05:13 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to shoebox's site and it will show you the automatic harness. I have the service manual for the 95 f-body so I can get you a picture of what it will need to be.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am pretty sure when I did my converson that everything was there I needed for the harness in the multi pin connector for the auto. I personally would just repin the existing harness with the parts from the harness you bought. Clean and easy to do if you get the correct tool, no soldering.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Default ok

Well this may be a newbie question but what tool ? nd what do you mean by repin? Sorry I've just never been real good with wiring but now is the best time to learn
Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

What he means is that you would have to trace out the wires that have been chewed through and unpin it from the main block that it is attached to ( the wires have pins at the ends to allow connection between two ends via plastic connectors). Then do the same on your Donor harness and install the new pigtails into the existing locations of the now removed rat food. Then you have your harness just as it came from the factory without and spliced wires. Plus you can put new loom and heat tape and be better than just swapping in a harness that is not application compatible. Hope this all helps I tried spelling it out the best I could.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Oh okay I understand now thanks guys. Also unrelated but I'm going to be doing the when block off and pulling the smog pump anyone know of a decent priced pulley to replace the pump ?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95ltz
Oh okay I understand now thanks guys. Also unrelated but I'm going to be doing the when block off and pulling the smog pump anyone know of a decent priced pulley to replace the pump ?
The smog pump is electric, the A/C, ALT, and P/S are the only belt driven things.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Well now I feel like a dumbass Haha my mistake I just changed the belt to major brain blank . Well thanks for the help I'm trying to get all the wiring done before the new engine goes in