LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

99 hooker cat back on my 97?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 hooker cat back on my 97?

Will this work? I believe my car being a 97 any of the ls1 cat backs can go right up, or no? Do I need to mod anything or will it still be a bolt on piece no
Problem? Thanks. It'll be going on a set off pacesetters and ory if that matters.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

If im not mistaken the only difference between lt and ls cutbacks are the the hangers and maybe the i-pipe is a little more crooked.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think whiteghost is right. On my gmmg i had 1 hanger replaced if i remember correctly. Im guessing most catbacks should be the same. If you take it to a shop they should have no problem getting them to fit right.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ave a 97 and I got my Hooker catback off a 02.
It had been hit and tore up both tailpipes. I had no hangers or heatshields anywhere.

My exhuast guy, installed my y pipe my catback, bent me two tailpipes, made hangers, and heat shields for 40 bucks so I'm assuming the catback itself didnt require any modifying or I think it would have cost more, and he never mentioned anything to me about mods to the catback
Old 06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
I ave a 97 and I got my Hooker catback off a 02.
It had been hit and tore up both tailpipes. I had no hangers or heatshields anywhere.

My exhuast guy, installed my y pipe my catback, bent me two tailpipes, made hangers, and heat shields for 40 bucks so I'm assuming the catback itself didnt require any modifying or I think it would have cost more, and he never mentioned anything to me about mods to the catback
Holy ****! Did you pick the car up at gun point!?!? Cause you robbed them!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope hes a good guy, I went in there and handed him the hit and said Id pick it up later.

Came back and he said forty bucks, I said here you go.
When I worked in town i sent alot of work his way, could have been cutting me a deal, dont know I didnt ask.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Nope hes a good guy, I went in there and handed him the hit and said Id pick it up later.

Came back and he said forty bucks, I said here you go.
When I worked in town i sent alot of work his way, could have been cutting me a deal, dont know I didnt ask.
Yea. He cut you a break. You are paying material only cost. I have a guy that is taking care me in the same way for a completely 1-off system that is being fabbed from the collectors to the tips its all mandrel bent tubing. 3" off both headers to a 3.5" i-pipe and spliting at the axel(like lm1) into (2)2.5" pipes with a set of sweet thunders like the gmmg. It should sound pretty good with the extra area of flow that it offers. I was going to run a 2.5 true dual set up. But im only giving up around .35-.4 cubic feet of area and gaining tons of suckable clearance. Videos will follow.

Quick Reply: 99 hooker cat back on my 97?