LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Torque converter bolts

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque converter bolts

Another question:

My torque converter is a TTI Street Fighter, my flexplate is stock. Flexplate has two large holes and one small hole where the converter bolts on. Converter has three large holes. So what should I do, drill out the small hole in the flexplate or use different size bolts and nuts?

Al 95 Z28, TH400
Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al
Another question:

My torque converter is a TTI Street Fighter, my flexplate is stock. Flexplate has two large holes and one small hole where the converter bolts on. Converter has three large holes. So what should I do, drill out the small hole in the flexplate or use different size bolts and nuts?

Al 95 Z28, TH400
did you see if the bolt goes through the small hole, one of the slots on the flexplate is the alignment hole you tighten that one up first and the rest of the holes line right up.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irocurpony8489
did you see if the bolt goes through the small hole, one of the slots on the flexplate is the alignment hole you tighten that one up first and the rest of the holes line right up.
What bolt? The small hole had a 3/8" bolt in it when I took it apart. All the holes, all six of them, in the converter are the same size. I think there was 1/2" bolts in the other two.

Al