LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New O2 Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New O2 Sensor

Hey guys, I just bought a new bosch o2 sensor online and wanted to make sure its the correct one. I bought it off of rockauto.com and it says it fits my car. Its part number 15703. I am just a little unsure because the one I took off was a delphi and it looks much different. The bosch is much thicker before the threads and has a few slots in the part that goes into the exhaust pipe. The old delphi is skinny before the threads and has a bunch of holes in the part that goes into the exhaust pipe. I tried to attach the picture of the old sensor, but it wouldnt work for some reason. Below is the new sensor.
Attached Thumbnails New O2 Sensor-new.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bosch O2s are crap unfortunately. I'd send it back and get some AC Delcos.

It will look different because it's a different brand. Bosch uses the same tooling/parts for most of their O2s (which is usually why they are unreliable), be it for a Kia Rio or a Chevrolet Camaro.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone suggests running delphi/acdelco because the cars can read the sensors better. I too will suggest that because before i knew that i ran bosch O2's in my car and it ran funny; until i replaced them with brand new delphi units.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, so what your saying is that I really should have checked on here before I ordered the part. I thought it wouldnt really make a difference. I guess i can return the part and order a delphi unit. Thanks for the help guys
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by derekstl
Damn, so what your saying is that I really should have checked on here before I ordered the part.
Naturally. This advice has been around for years.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All right i'll ask this again. I've asked in other threads but never got a fine line answer. Why does everyone bash Bosch? Now Joe you say they use the same parts ect. But it's an O2 sensor, so if its in a Kia Rio or a Camaro, the job is the same. Thats why it is the same part in the O2 sensor, right? or no?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OEM manufacturers make many different units to meet specific functioning ranges. Aftermarket manufacturers want to produce as few "different" types as possible to take advantage of manufacturing cost reductions. Therefore, if they widen the range that a particular unit operates within, they can utilize it in several more applications. With tolerance stacking, it may work fine in some applications but operate too close to the limit in others.

Quick Reply: New O2 Sensor