LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How bad is it to drive at high RPM's all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
Based on what you have posted...yes. MHO.
It would be interesting to see what we would have posted being his age if we lived in such a connected environment waaaaaaaaay back then... I would bet a lot those who think they know better would have been saying the same thing about us.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all about the environment that your driving in. I can count the number of time i've done 150 on one hand. South Dakota has more paved roads per person in in 1 square mile then any other state. Plus our state population is less then milliion. Its all flat straight roads and pretty boring
Old 10-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

... and then there's Montana, where at least at one time (not sure if it's still the same way) there were "reasonable and prudent" speed limits. Not saying you could get away with doing 100+ miles an hour, but for any state to pass a speed law like that means the roads are pretty safe to drive fast.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ yes that still stands out there
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Someone with that screen name passing judgement?
Ironic, isn't it??

Actually, that "handle" has nothing to do with cars.

I got that nickname from a couple of co-workers a number of years ago. We worked as quality assurance technicians in a large manufacturing company, and we had electric carts to get around this huge facility. Mine just happened to be noticibly faster than the other 3 carts, as proven in a couple of impromptu drag races in one of our very long hallways...
Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
uh...you challenged me to be more relevant. Dint ya'!!!

93 got

Wow you concluded that from a thirty second youtube video. I doubt that would ever happen with your superior driving ability as you have put forth. I simply cant help but be impressed with your ability to explain and spin everything away especially stuff you know absolutely nothing about. You might even put forth a convincing arguement that the world is really flat. On top of that, you insult this country and valuable veteran members on this board with some sheer stupidity. You would definitely make a great politician.

No one got owned. you must think I would do 150mph then see a cop in front of me then swerve into the median to avoid crashing into him. Thats sounds smart doesnt it? If anyone got owned its the kid in the video.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pillarpod
^^ yes that still stands out there
nah they did away with that in '99, thanks to an LT1 actually got a ticket for 85mph and the case went all the way up to the state supreme court where they said "reasonable & prudent" was to vague of a law to enforce so they changed it to 75 i believe.. wish I stole one of the old "reasonable & prudent" signs when I had the chance
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
.. If anyone got owned its the kid in the video.
That we will agree on.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Banned

93 just goes to show people with the young and dumb ricer mentality drive F bodies too.

Saying an F-body is built to handle speeds of 150MPH+? Just because it goes that fast does not mean it will handle well going that fast. If you had a purpose built high class sports car you could make that argument, but you'd still be a dumb *** for driving that fast on public roads at those speeds for sustained periods of time.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
93 just goes to show people with the young and dumb ricer mentality drive F bodies too.

Saying an F-body is built to handle speeds of 150MPH+? Just because it goes that fast does not mean it will handle well going that fast. If you had a purpose built high class sports car you could make that argument, but you'd still be a dumb *** for driving that fast on public roads at those speeds for sustained periods of time.

LMFAO then why does GM sell there cars to reach that speed? Because they know dumb kids like myself go that fast once in a blue moon. So stop acting like the car will explode if you dare to get near 150mph. The general public would look at someone who did 150mph as a criminal. But please answer me a question in YOUR opinion. Why does GM send there cars out from factory with the ability to reach that speed? why does GM put improved suspension for there high performance cars? I know its an old car but GM doesnt put a cadillac suspension on a F-body and say "its build for speed" It is build for that speed to an extent. My aftermarket low profile fat wheels help. But thats not to justify going 150mph on public roads.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

LMFAO then why does GM sell there cars to reach that speed? Because they know dumb kids like myself go that fast once in a blue moon. So stop acting like the car will explode if you dare to get near 150mph. The general public would look at someone who did 150mph as a criminal. But please answer me a question in YOUR opinion. Why does GM send there cars out from factory with the ability to reach that speed? why does GM put improved suspension for there high performance cars? I know its an old car but GM doesnt put a cadillac suspension on a F-body and say "its build for speed" It is build for that speed to an extent. My aftermarket low profile fat wheels help. But thats not to justify going 150mph on public roads.
Your spelling and general lack of grammar is attrocious, and I could correct you on all of it, but I don't think it'd help you any.

Can you give me an example of this sentence? "LMFAO then why does GM sell there cars to reach that speed?"

Anyway, I'm done beating a dead horse. You're right when you say that everything everyone tells you goes in one ear and out the other. I only hope when you wreck you hit a tree and no one else, it'd save humanity a lot of trouble if you're removed from the gene pool.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

lol I'm not gonna comment on that post tho as it was just 3yrs ago I got arrested for 140+ in a 50. dont ask but I learned. public def looks at you like a violent criminal tho, it was all over the radio and in the papers the next day and when I went to court the judge scolded me hard, worse than people in there for a&b's, b&e's etc
but give it up man!(arguing & the triple digits) other wise this will be the longest lasting thread in ls1tech history

and I'm assuming from your posts you've only ever gone high speeds in a straight line..
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
lol I'm not gonna comment on that post tho as it was just 3yrs ago I got arrested for 140+ in a 50. dont ask but I learned. public def looks at you like a violent criminal tho, it was all over the radio and in the papers the next day and when I went to court the judge scolded me hard, worse than people in there for a&b's, b&e's etc
but give it up man!(arguing & the triple digits) other wise this will be the longest lasting thread in ls1tech history

and I'm assuming from your posts you've only ever gone high speeds in a straight line..
Yes only a few times have a topped the car out. And yes it was in a straight line. Interstate. You never know when a cop is sitting before the turn or over the bridge.

And for speeding you made the radio and news? were you in a small town or something?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Your spelling and general lack of grammar is attrocious, and I could correct you on all of it, but I don't think it'd help you any.

Can you give me an example of this sentence? "LMFAO then why does GM sell there cars to reach that speed?"

Anyway, I'm done beating a dead horse. You're right when you say that everything everyone tells you goes in one ear and out the other. I only hope when you wreck you hit a tree and no one else, it'd save humanity a lot of trouble if you're removed from the gene pool.

Wow you hope i wreck into a tree and your trying to show me how to grow up? Your showing what kind of person you are. Like I said Im viewed as a criminal in your eyes. But you still failed to answer the question. You think I should be in the electric chair or lethal injection for hitting 130mph+ a few times? You need to see what crime really is before you talk IDIOT. What resolution are you trying to get from me? You want me to apologize for being a kid and speeding? Or is it that theres some insecurities you have so you pick on a young man to make yourself feel like a bigger man. hahaha I thought I was stupid.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Yes only a few times have a topped the car out. And yes it was in a straight line. Interstate. You never know when a cop is sitting before the turn or over the bridge.

And for speeding you made the radio and news? were you in a small town or something?
well try turning at high speeds before you say our cars are built for high speed handling and is 150 the fastest you've gone? we lift up around 140 as im sure you've noticed, but 160, 170, your barely making contact with the road

and yea not a big town year round wise, the radio and papers are all regional tho covering ~300k winter/ ~1mil summer. the media is just so sensational these days, im sure half of it was my speed but the other half was the chase that ensued. I'm just lucky I never got tagged by radar or they probably would of taken my car.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can't POSSIBLY be serious.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
I think he is, and that's scary....
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
It seems he is. Any attempt to continue to logically discuss anything further is apparently futile.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
It seems he is. Any attempt to continue to logically discuss anything further is apparently futile.
Fixed.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Every time I see this thread with some new posts I just laugh... This thread is about 4 pages too long. Give it up guys.... It is a waste to argue with every dumb person that crosses your path..

Quick Reply: How bad is it to drive at high RPM's all the time?