LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hose woes...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Hose woes...

Ok, there's an L shaped hose that comes off of the throttle body that hooks up to the EVAP purge solenoid, gm # 12553625. Mine's shot and NO ONE that I've talked to carries it, whether it be a dealer, parts store or whatever. It's just a hose for sure, but it has two different diameters: 3/8" and 1/4". I'm sure some of you 'LT guys have had to replace this hose. Where'd you get it or what did you come up with to fix this? Also, what sort of problems would this leaking hose cause? Car seems to run fine except for maybe a choppier idle. Thanks in advance...
Old 07-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Did a google search and came up with RMS:

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddeta...?prod=12553625

Even though it's out of stock and if you haven't already, call them and see if they will receive any more or ask where it could possible by found.

Also, shoebox has a couple of GM dealer numbers that cater to LT1 needs you can try?
If you strike out the only thing I can think of are two different size hoses and a two-different sized plastic elbow to join them together. That hose is under vacuum so yeah, if it's compromised it will effect engine output.
Good luck.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

You don't state the car or year it's for and your avatar say '99 TA. BUT, while researching it, everything points to it being a B-Body part (Impala) so:

Gates 18030

AC-Delco 14002S
Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, I posted in the 'LT section so I assumed you guys knew I was talking about my '97Z. Unfortunately, that AC-Delco 14002S hose only has one size diameter-the hose I need has two different sizes on it (freaking GM). What I'm planning to do is just grab a hose that fits the larger port on the throttle body, and then just hose clamp the other end to seal it. I can't believe that I'm having to find a hose with two different diameters and it's being this difficult to find. For example, I was looking at the Corvette forums and there're guys that have been dealing with this issue since 2008. Thanks for the responses guys, I'll see what turns up...

Last edited by myk; 07-20-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

OK, the part number you first posted is not for an F-Body application. What you want is 10105324. Confirm it's this one here tagged "to throttle body"

http://shbox.com/1/evap_sol.jpg
Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

If this is what you need, you're SOL, nobody has a single one.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:19 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty certain of that first part number-I looked it up off of my '93-'02 parts manual as well as the dealership, who told me the hose is long discontinued. I can't figure out how to post a snapshot of the parts diagram off from the parts manual that shows the hose and its part number.
As for SH's diagram, I believe the item that's tagged "to throttle body" is in fact the smaller line that leads to the throttle body.

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
If this is what you need, you're SOL, nobody has a single one.

For God's sake that's it, lol. That 90* rubber elbow is what I need. I tried duct taping it but it didn't help. There've gotta be other LT guys that have had to deal with this and I have to wonder what they did with their cars. I'm just going to try to worm clamp a bigger hose onto the smaller one-I can't think of anything else to do...

Quick Reply: Hose woes...