LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P0100 and P0300 code problems now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0100 and P0300 code problems now what?

Lets start with this... the 100 code is a maf or vaf circuit problem, and I would assume it lead to the 300 code which is a random misfire code.

The car began to run rough and chugged around this morning. I kept an eye on the oil pressure and continued to drive cautiously. Finally after about 5 miles the service engine soon light came on. I gave me two codes, the P0100 and P0300.

I began trouble shooting by checking the MAF connection and the pigtail for any broken wires, everything checked out okay. Next I checked the ENG SEN fuse and it was fine also. So I moved onto checking plug wires, all appear to be fine. At this point I figured the MAF might be bad. So I snagged a MAF out of a '01 LS1 camaro and tired that. This resulted in nothing. Now I am puzzled whats next?

More history on the car: I cleaned the MAF about a week ago, using carb cleaner was defiantly not the best choice, I must have had a sped moment on that one. I changed the water pump about 4 months ago, and I did not change the water pump drive seal. (i didn't know any better) Needless to say, oil leaks like crazy from the seal and has done a good job of covering everything in oil.

So I kinda feel like the opt-spark could be causing the problems. But that would not explain the codes.......would it?

Quick Reply: P0100 and P0300 code problems now what?