LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 acting up

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 LT1 acting up

This morning I drove 30 miles to school and shortly before entering the parking lot I took a turn and did a typical 3/4-throttle run. The engine shut off almost immediately but only for a second or so, and the security light lit up. Without doing anything, the car started up again while I was coasting and the security light went away and everything seemed normal on the way to school.

Now after school, I went to the car to go back home and it took me quuuite a while to start the car. It cranked but wouldn't start. I drove 30 problem-free miles back home but it felt kinda sluggish. Nothing THAT noticeable really and I didn't go more than 1/2 a throttle but I did notice something.

I have 2000 miles on a new GM opti, NGK TR-55 plugs and MSD super conductor wires, O2 sensors, fuel filter, battery and water pump.

Visually everything is fine under the hood, but work and school will get in the way of getting anything done on the car for the next couple of weeks.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I heard the fuel pump prime like I usually do but there was some noisy construction going on where I parked at school so I can't be sure.

Sorry for the long post but any speculations are welcome. Just don't tell me it's the opti.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check fuel pressure first.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mystery Bird
Check fuel pressure first.
Yeah I'll report back tomorrow hopefully.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lizard King
This morning I drove 30 miles to school and shortly before entering the parking lot I took a turn and did a typical 3/4-throttle run. The engine shut off almost immediately but only for a second or so, and the security light lit up. Without doing anything, the car started up again while I was coasting and the security light went away and everything seemed normal on the way to school.

Now after school, I went to the car to go back home and it took me quuuite a while to start the car. It cranked but wouldn't start. I drove 30 problem-free miles back home but it felt kinda sluggish. Nothing THAT noticeable really and I didn't go more than 1/2 a throttle but I did notice something.

I have 2000 miles on a new GM opti, NGK TR-55 plugs and MSD super conductor wires, O2 sensors, fuel filter, battery and water pump.

Visually everything is fine under the hood, but work and school will get in the way of getting anything done on the car for the next couple of weeks.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I heard the fuel pump prime like I usually do but there was some noisy construction going on where I parked at school so I can't be sure.

Sorry for the long post but any speculations are welcome. Just don't tell me it's the opti.
the car went into "DONT ACT LIKE A RICER" mode. "only kidding" like above stated check fuel pressure.You may wanna throw a 255lp in their!!! for your flybys and parking structure wot's.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Launching!

Haha that road was actually empty with no one around. I just like to hear the car every once in a while, still getting used to the awesome sound of LT's and ORY.

I've never tested fuel pressure before though. About time I say. I'm printing out the Shbox instructions right now. Man, I don't even have a fuel pressure gauge, heading out today to get one. Does the gauge plug right into the schrader valve?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it just screws onto the valve.

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 acting up