LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code Reader Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code Reader Suggestions?

Hey.

So I cant seem to narrow my issues down at all, but I know the car is throwing a code because the engine light comes on.

I was hoping for suggestion for the best all around code reader/setup for these cars?

1995 LT1

I'm not looking to get into major fuel mixture editing and such, simply because I dont really.. understand all that yet.

All I know is so far as soon as this car is warmed up she will miss at idle.. and start to die out before 2000 rpm.. one you get her over she is fine until higher rpms where she misses/backfires.. and it never goes away then she throws a code.

Cleaned the maf(wow so dirty) checked the plugs(ug) and the plug wires, ive done a seafoam treatment check for exhast leaks and couldnt find any and couldnt find any grounds off.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have a laptop all you need is an inexpensive interface cable (www.akmcables.com). The scanning software is free from www.ttspowersystems.com or www.andywhittaker.com.

If you don't have a laptop, buy one! A used one from the early 2000s is all you really need. This is by FAR the best scanning scenario you can buy (and also one of the cheapest).
Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Many people with 95s use an Actron CP 9145 hand held scanner (if you want to go that route).
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow thanks guys, a laptop? ahhahah to cool this is wicked

NEed to figure this out before I snap and replace every sensor, plug, injector, and opti lol

Quick Reply: Code Reader Suggestions?