LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 random misfire help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 random misfire help

i was driving down the road and came to a stop at a light when leaving from the light the car had a real bad misfire so i pulled over popped the hood and it almost sounded like a knocking noise and wouldnt run worth a **** so i turned the car off let it sit for a second and started it again the knocking went away but the miss is still there popping threw the exhaust real bad when i rev it i got it home and pulled all the spark plugs the looked fine and visually checked the wires there fine also i had just replaced the opti about a month i need help on this asap....thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

exhaust backfires, did you do a msd opti??? could be late ignition timing, burned/ bent exhaust valve, check compression on all cylinders, maybe an ICM? whyd you replace the opti? a knock is never good
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by popethe5th
exhaust backfires, did you do a msd opti??? could be late ignition timing, burned/ bent exhaust valve, check compression on all cylinders, maybe an ICM? whyd you replace the opti? a knock is never good
the other opti i had went out and i replaced it with a accel when it idles down from when i rev it it backfires if i go drive it it spits and sputters at wot then cleans out
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

you should be able to pick up an ICM for a resonable price. if your car is on a stock tune and its a non adjustable timing opti which its not unless its msd as far as i know.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

if ICM dosent fix it then your only choice is to check compression, icm is easy to install and if it dosent fix it just return it.

Quick Reply: lt1 random misfire help