LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ACCEL DFI GEN 7 for lt1 any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACCEL DFI GEN 7 for lt1 any good?

I ran into a guy that is running this system on his street car, but i heard the stand alone systems don't run the gauges and what not, he said he had his modified to run the rest of the car, how is this he was leaving when i saw the car and didn't get to ask much.

he said his runs like a factory car, all factory gauges, and all works minus a/c system. he didn't say who modified it, i have heard you have to leave the stock cpm in the car for it to run all the factory stuff gauges, windows, radio, brakes, etc.

i really want to do this cuz i can get a brand new system threw a friends shop for half the price.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

You have to splice it in. Leave the stock pcm there. Its very specific on how it gets done. Fast track performance had a splice in kit. Not sure if they are still around.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we run classic fast box with a stock pcm to drive the gauges. some of the systems can drive a digital dash. check out the new holley dominator setup. thats what we are looking into. it has a ton of features including a 100 fram/sec internal data logger.

Quick Reply: ACCEL DFI GEN 7 for lt1 any good?