LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

runnig rough

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default runnig rough

I did a 94 LT1 corvette motor swap and need help with a rough running motor. The motor came complete with comp. that was "tuned" and the motor ran fine in old car. The motor sat about 3 years before install. I installed new inline pump and filter, headers w/o2 those are old, and EGR delete and a new summit MAS, summit fuel cell. Cleaned out the fuel rail of old gas and it fired right up. It runs rough at idle and stumbles on accl., sometimes it back fires. I changed plugs a wires, one plug had a lot of carbon, but no change. What can I check before the optispark.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check to make sure all the Vacuums are hooked up or closed since the egr was deleted
Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely it is the ICM next to the coil failing. They can fail and not set off a code. Replace the Ignition Control Module with a decent unit, cost about 100 bucks. Another easy thing to check is the MAF, pull the Mass Air Flow Sensor and use some plastic safe electraclean on the inside. If it is really dirty then it can mess up stuff as well. Also post any of the SES codes that you get.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

A backfire is a classic sign of a lean condition. Was the pcm tuned for the vette or your car? Which is? I can't see your sig, a little info please. If it is in an fbody could be considerably heavier requiring mor fuel at take off. Either way still a lean condition.

Quick Reply: runnig rough