LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

prob need help fast...

Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question prob need help fast...

ok i have a problem... i have a 97 z28 with tcc well i had my pcm reprogrammed by pcm forless and i had the tcc bypassed, well my headlight harness was faulty so i went to american camaro firebird and got a headlight harness but the only dif is is the one i got from them is for a non tcc car.... they told me it would work so i took out my old one istalled the "new" harness and bam works fine except for some small yet major prob's. my fogs do not work, my running lights do not work, my hazards do not work, my dash lights "when you turn your hadlights on the lights that light up your cluster" do not come on, and i have no brake lights.. all this was working before i changed the harness i checked all fuses and changed necessarry relays and brake switch and still nothing so i went back to american cam. firb. and got the ebcm for the non tcc and still nothing there is a place that say they WILL fix it for sure but they charge $100 an hour or 98.6% rate and i dont have that kind of money just laying around so i was wondering if anyone maybe has an idea of what could be wrong... oh and also when i push the lock and unlock button the brake lights and dash cluster light flash so i know they work just not sure what the prob is

i dont want to have to change the harness again it was kind of a pita very time consuming..
plz help thanks Aarron
Old 11-04-2011, 12:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

How was the Headlight Harness faulty..like what part of it? There isnt much to the wiring in the front of these cars..
Old 11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

my fans were not coming on at all so i changed the fan motors and still nothing so i bought a bypass switch for manual fans and whatever is wrong burnt the switch up, and every time you go to put a fuse into the horn spot it would blow as soon as it touched the metal in the connector in the fuse box... and my blinker socket was burned up ... as soon as i changed the headlight harness the fans came on at around 160 and no prob with the blinkers except the fronts do not blink but the back do.... its just weird idk where to even start trouble shooting or what to look for... im getting frusturated with it almost tepted to sell just so i dont have to mess with it any more meen working on her for 5 years and now that i got her driving something else happens to where i cant drive it no more
Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not get tcc harness? I know you don't want to go back to messing with the harness, but it seems logical to reverse your steps.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

My thoughts exactly just reverse your steps...having the TCC has got to be better than this mess. Reverse to square 1.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

because its another $175.. i just got off the phone with american cam. firebird and the owner said its not the harness its gotta be something simple that im just looking over he said he's gonna do some research this weekend and for me to call him on monday he said he dont want me to have to buy another harness and the problem still not be resolved. he's really helpful though and a good place to get anything ls1 lt1.. or mustang he has all of it he's verry knowledgable... i hope i get this stupid prob fixed. i wonder if there is a way to run a direct wire for my running lights and brake lights?

Last edited by casey20000007; 11-05-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

does anyone happen to know if the flasher that controls the hazzards control the running/brake lights? i think the hazzard flasher is bad but not quite sure?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: prob need help fast...