LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 camaro kill switch

Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 camaro kill switch

does anyone know how i can install a kill switch on my 93 z28..i really dont know anything about electric work so anything will help thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

what do you want to disable? fuel, spark, or starter?
Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several ways to do it. Some people like to kill power to the starter, Some people like to kill power to/from the battery. You could also do it to the fuel pump.

Basically your just going to run a ON/OFF switch inbetween whatever you want to disable. The problem with just having a switch in the car, is if someone found it (even if it was a key type) they could just cut the wires and attach them to eachother. So you need a way to keep it out of reach. But most likely, having one of any sort is enough to make it take long enough that they would just walk away.

I think it would be really cool if you could do this through the floorboard somewhere... Get an ON/OFF switch that is a key, mount it through the floorboard, then no one could get to it, without getting under the car... no one would have that kind of time. And it would be a pretty clean to install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 camaro kill switch