LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 wont crank

So after getting my engine bay all buttoned up after putting my engine back in i went to go crank it to see if i got oil pressure with the injectors and plugs unplugged, and when i turn the key there is one big click from the starter and thats it. allready tried charging the battery so thats not it, has my starter gone south on me?
Also im pretty sure it is electrical and i mustove hooked somthing up wrong because when i turn on my headlights all of them except the pass side far light are dim. and then when i flip my brights on the driver side lights turn all the way off and the pass side lights turn all the way on..

any info you guys could get me on what i did wrong would be great! thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

re-check your wires. You might have a bad ground or a short. This might also be draining your battery, so checking the battery twice wouldnt hurt. Make sure youre ignition coil isnt loose, or any other wire for that matter.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Your starter could be locked. give it a few taps with a wrench and try it. its happened to me a few times
Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Teching In

You hooked up your starter wrong. Two wires are touching that shouldn't be. Mine did the same thing. I don't know about the headlight problem. Sounds like faulty wiring.