LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT4 Update Budget build.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LT4 Update Budget build.

I'm building a LT4 for my Vette and had a thread going on a semi-budget build. I took some time off to build a transmission......and sold it. I built another......yep, sold it too. I didn't tell anyone at all and finally got me one built so now I'm back to the engine.

The concern was that with all the LS style coils that the LT4 would look to "messed up". So I did a little creative thinking.

Right, like I thought when I made the valve covers. Remember these fom the original build thread? After all that time and effort I made them for an Impala and not a Corvette. Major brain fart.

So I had to get some others that were made for a Vette and modify my coil mounting brackets. The brackets double as injector covers. Here's the Canton's I got.
This is before any of the wiring for the coils.

I went to work and got all the wiring done for the coil installation. I've still got to extend the harness so I can mount it in the left front headlight well/corner....whatever. I tried to keep the wiring as invisible as possible because I didn't want to mess up the clean looks of a LTx engine.

Most of the wiring will be hidden and all I'll have extra is one harness from the driver's front of the engine to the headlight well.

I'll be putting the engine in as time allows but I'm basically ready now. Just gotta get my truck rear end fixed (replaced) again. The last rear howls but the junkyard gave me another. Whoopee.

Quick Reply: LT4 Update Budget build.