LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Voltage regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Voltage regulator?

Hey guys. Got a problem with my alt I think. Interior lights started pulsating all the time. idle, driving ect. It dose the same thing if the head lights are on. Voltage is showing 14.25 at idle at the Batt with head lights on. Voltage at the alt is flicking between 13.5 to 14.30 on my multimeter. I'm guessing it's the regulator getting ready to fry it's self. Any thoughts on other things to look at? Cables are all clean at the batt and distribution blocks. Just started doing this and I have not even had the hood up on this thing in a month.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the alt rebuilt today.... Lasted a whole 30 seconds before somrthing took a ****. It makes voltage but only 11.87 at all rpms, headlights and high beams or none at all. It was making a good 13.5 for 30 seconds and then_______________flatline at 11.87

I sat down and made a list. I asked my self have I ever bought something for my cars or trucks that has worked the first time or with out modification in the past 10 years. My answer.... Tune ups. I had one bad plug over 8 cars and all got tune ups. I have never had one that didn't work well. Thats where the list ends. ******* amazing. It's no wonder anyone stays in buisness. All the stuff done to the camaro and all the **** ups by other people. Yes I made a one or two but mostly from people I pay to do a job, or for a part that most of the time is bolt on. Unreal. I am a cursed man. I can't belive yet again I am failed by people in the automotive industry.