LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Predator hood & airbox question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator hood & airbox question

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone has had experience with buying the suncoast predator hood and also getting the airbox kit with it,or maybe just buying the air box kit alone. My TA isn't ram air so I'm curious if the air box kit comes with the piece that connects the MAF to the TB. I hope it does because I plan on purchasing the hood and airbox kit next year and I know that piece is hard to find..There are several stores that sell the hood and you can add the airbox onto the purchase,such as below..I've tried emailing these guys but no reply..

http://www.cincyperformancestore.com/28002-sc.html

Thanks guys

Last edited by FormulaTA96; 12-09-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

A guy i know bought the hood and and airbox together from suncoast im not totally sure if it comes with the rubber bellow or not but from what everyone says on the net your local Home Depot should have a fernco coupler on the cheap that should get you fixed up. If not Spectre makes a tone of rubber couplers and avail at most of your perf parts stores.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply,I was sceptical if a fernco coupler would work with the LT1 TB,but after doing a quick google search I see that it can work pretty well.No more worries now lol.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeh they work awesome. I got a smooth fernco and a ribbed one with my SLP ram air hood i bought and both worked great. You will likely have to put it in a pail of HOT water if you have a bigger then stock tb. I know when i upgraded to a 58 it was a bit of pain to get on but just gotta work it.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to try to change your mind but I've been looking into a predator style ram air hood also and I think the ones from www.usbody.com look alot better.

The nostrils of the suncoast hood both coming all the way down and being basically straight across at the bottom kill it for me. I like the staggered V shape the USbody hood has, its more like the old warbird hoods that arnt available anymore (which I would really like to get my hands on).
Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

ahh man,why'd you have to show me that,now I'll have to decide which one I want lol..

Quick Reply: Predator hood & airbox question