LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

CME tip question -what are you guys doing to connect them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CME tip question -what are you guys doing to connect them?

Quick question on the CME tips. I just bought a set from 6LE with the bends coming off the tips. What are you guys doing to connect the piping to the dual outlets on the muffler? I might have a set of Magnaflow tips, the ones that come with the catback that have the piping on them that I could cut but I'm not sure if it would be long enough to reach the CME bends.. anyone ever do it this way with magnaflow or other tips?

Any options short of having an exhaust shop make the pipes? My whole exhaust is stainless mandrel bent and real nice looking. I'd hate to have some aluminized crap pipe connecting the cme tips..
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^If you can't get a local shop to do it let me know and maybe I can find someone to do it for you off your measurements...
Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the offer I'll keep you in mind if I can't find a solution. That's so weird you posted in my thead lol! I was just on your site and I've got a question about your racing seats..

The basic style black leather ones, the ones that don't work with your brackets - Will they work with aftermarket racing seat brackets, but just won't work with your specific ones? I just bought a new set of brackets that claim to work with all aftermarket racing seats.. corbeau, sparco, ect. I hope they will work.

Quick Reply: CME tip question -what are you guys doing to connect them?