LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Build question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build question

I am looking at a eagle 383 strokes kit and my question is should I get new head and what brand or can I use the stock heads and upgrade the internal parts and if so what should I upgrade ? Also what is a good cam for a strokes kit
Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are going to get a hundred different answers here. Lloyd Elliot is the option I went with for my heads. Many will tell you to go AI over Lloyd. Seeing peoples numbers the guys with AI heads seem to make a little more power than the Elliot ones do but many variables could be involved there. As far as the cam I personally would say have whoever you hire to do your head work spec you a cam. Whether you go AI or Elliot portworks you can't go wrong.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go forged or go home on the stroker kit. Worked stock heads a very good when done right. Could go Trick Flow as cast or Airflow reasearch for a bolt on head but those will usually still cost more then worked stockers. Check out Lloyd Elliot or Advanced Induction for reworked stock heads. Advanced also will do after market heads as well.

Quick Reply: Build question