LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pacesetter install help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter install help?

Anyone ever have any issues with installing Pacesetter LT header and the ORY? I had a 95 TA and nothing fit so i sent everything back to Pacesetter to be tested, I was told nothing was wrong with the product. So now i have a 97 TA and im having the same **** happen again. Any help?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are you having problems with exactly? I have pacesetters LTs and ory and while it didn't just drop in, I didnt have to many problems. Y pipe took some coaxing to fit

Did them my self in an afternoon in my garage with no lift... lol
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some longtubes can be a hassle to install. Just take your time and lift your car as high as possible.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Teching In

You might want to check your motor mounts, could need replacing. That might help with the header fitment
Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Default headers

The y-pipe does not line up at all, there is a gap where the two pieces line up, headers seem like they are to far apart. On my 95 i did replace the motor mounts and it made it worse, the headers were to high up under the car and the y-pipe would'nt even go on. But i have not changed the mounts on my 97.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zlow28
some longtubes can be a hassle to install. Just take your time and lift your car as high as possible.
This is true, I had the nose of my car almost 5 feet off the ground before I could finangle the LTs in

Originally Posted by TeeTopZ
You might want to check your motor mounts, could need replacing. That might help with the header fitment
I replaced mine with poly when I did them, It helped lvl the engine. The stock rubber ones were shot

Originally Posted by fastredlt1
The y-pipe does not line up at all, there is a gap where the two pieces line up, headers seem like they are to far apart. On my 95 i did replace the motor mounts and it made it worse, the headers were to high up under the car and the y-pipe would'nt even go on. But i have not changed the mounts on my 97.
Can you take some pictures of whats not lining up? If possible.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Default headers

That's crazy how high you had to raise the car. I was able to put the driver side header in from the top of the motor and passenger went in good. I can take pics at a later time, i dont even want to look at that **** anymore! Whats not fitting is where the passenger side y-pipe meets the driver side one.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

I did my pacesetter lt when I did the cam and stuff. I had the car 28 inches off the ground and wish I had more. It was a pain, big pain. I wish I would have bought Kooks. I have a friend with them and they have a far better fitment of the y pipe. I had to use the hammer to get the y pipe to clear the tourqe arm then pulled it out again to clear some more of the fuel lines. I used heat wrap every where it was close.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Default Headers

Wow! That's the same **** that is going on with my headers and ORY. I think it's time for a new brand. Pacesetter sucks!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rodinator1234
I did my pacesetter lt when I did the cam and stuff. I had the car 28 inches off the ground and wish I had more. It was a pain, big pain. I wish I would have bought Kooks. I have a friend with them and they have a far better fitment of the y pipe. I had to use the hammer to get the y pipe to clear the tourqe arm then pulled it out again to clear some more of the fuel lines. I used heat wrap every where it was close.
I should add I only had the front of my car lifted, if I had had the car lvl I wouldnt have had to go so high.

Wow! That's the same **** that is going on with my headers and ORY. I think it's time for a new brand. Pacesetter sucks!
Then prepare to shell out 1000+ for headers and ory, and even then they don't fit perfect... and the $300 OBX stainless off ebay requires a BFH and a grinder...
Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Well I pissed away all the money on pacesetters crap product, why not take the chance on a different brand. I'm just tired of these companies making all this money and they sell crap, it's not fare to anyone that runs into these issues.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

mine fit fine on my car? idk what to say dude.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I pissed away all the money on pacesetters crap product, why not take the chance on a different brand. I'm just tired of these companies making all this money and they sell crap, it's not fare to anyone that runs into these issues.
Did you get the ones with EGR or without it?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
mine fit fine on my car? idk what to say dude.
Like wise, I think you just need to coax it some more, nothing after market(for the most part) goes "right" in.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Location: Weatherford Tx 76085 corner of N. Hwy 51 and 150 Green branch Rd.

post pics. of what issues you are running into please. Its easy to get frustrated and pissed and just not even care about doing anything to the car when you run into problems like this. I have pacesetters in mine. I ordered their standard LT black painted ones and then later got their ceramic coated ones and I didn't have one problem with them, they fit like a glove.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

I had a hell of a time putting mine on. I ended up jacking the front end up about 4 feet and unbolting one motor mount at a time and then placeing a jack under the oil pan, lifting the motor a bit freeing up a little room.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone heard anything on these headers http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LT1-LONG...item1e6a79a364

my buddy showed them to me before i ordered pacesetters they aint bad price taken there stainless but really not sure on a very very tight budget dont want to waste money but i aint afriad of doing a little fab work to get a stainless set for that money any thoughts just dont want to get some pos and my bad if i did that wrong my comp is being a pos lol but there the $200 from ebay thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

I got the stainless pacesetter headers, and the fit fine. I had to undo the motor mount on one side, raises the motor up, slide it in place perfectly. Then the same for the other side. Didn't even jack up the car.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by King23
anyone heard anything on these headers http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LT1-LONG...item1e6a79a364

my buddy showed them to me before i ordered pacesetters they aint bad price taken there stainless but really not sure on a very very tight budget dont want to waste money but i aint afriad of doing a little fab work to get a stainless set for that money any thoughts just dont want to get some pos and my bad if i did that wrong my comp is being a pos lol but there the $200 from ebay thanks
Considering the ad, I think I would pass. They are advertised for '98-02 cars, including the '98-02 Trans Am with the LT1 motor (a rare factory option)
Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by King23

those are ls1 headers only

lt1 = D---D-D---D
ls1 = O--O--O--O

Quick Reply: Pacesetter install help?