LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TNT dual nozzle plate

Old 02-11-2012, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TNT dual nozzle plate

I currently have an older HSW dual nozzle kit plumbed to the elbow, but just obtained an older TNT plate. The one that goes between the intake and TB. I had intended on using the HSW nozzles in the TNT plate, but started to wonder if the TNT set up is actually any better than the HSW/elbow set up I had.

It seems that the TNT style plate would starve the first two cylinders since the runners are basically under the nozzles, thus causing carnage. Anyone have an real data or experience with this?

Old 02-11-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

While I never used their plate, I had a TNT dual nozzle setup right before the throttle body. The plugs looked pretty good and even when I pulled them after a few runs. Not sure how your dual nozzle setup is treating you, but if it works fine then I would leave it. But on that note, I have seen that dual nozzle plate setup on quite a few cars, so I am assuming it must work to a degree, right? Hopefully you get an answer you are looking for.

P.S. I have had a long time crush on your car. LOVE PPM!!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badzee
While I never used their plate, I had a TNT dual nozzle setup right before the throttle body. The plugs looked pretty good and even when I pulled them after a few runs. Not sure how your dual nozzle setup is treating you, but if it works fine then I would leave it. But on that note, I have seen that dual nozzle plate setup on quite a few cars, so I am assuming it must work to a degree, right? Hopefully you get an answer you are looking for.

P.S. I have had a long time crush on your car. LOVE PPM!!!!
Thanks for the kind words! I have always liked your car as well. I noticed you were also on YB.

I know the dual nozzle kit would work fine because it would atomize when it hits the TB blades.

With this plate, it seems that a larger shot would starve 1 and 2. I plan to shoot around 200 and I just don't want to chance it. I will have a nitrous outlet plate on the way the week after next, so I will be done with it. I think that is going to be my best bet.

Now I just need to order that awesome hardline kit that they offer and have some fun.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the TNT plate with a 100 shot and while it worked fine, the Nitrous Outlet plate is much better. Checking the plugs with the TNT plate showed little difference from front to back. I had this annoying delay with the TNT plate where it felt like the fuel would hit sooner than the nitrous. I changed to the NO plate, it hit instantly with no issue. Same noids, same length of lines, etc. It was a strange issue but this was one of those times throwing $$ at something fixed the problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TNT dual nozzle plate