LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Getting back into the game, need advice

Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Getting back into the game, need advice

Hi everyone, it's been about 4 years since I've given much attention to my car due to several large changes in my personal life, but I'm trying to get back into the game now. Four years ago I was planning to build a forged motor, and bought an unassembled 383 short block including machined block with balanced rotating assembly to get started. The parts have been sitting in the garage for 4 years, so it's decision time. I don't think I want to undertake building it myself like I did originally, so I'm looking for advice on a good LT1 engine builder in the Chicago area. The builder would also have to be flexible enough to use my machined block and rotating assembly. I know some places prefer to have it done by themselves or their preferred shop. Any advice who might be able to help me out?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

There are tons of LT1 guys in the Chicago area. Right now is the busiest time of year for a shop though. Maybe a fellow member in here could give you a hand for a few bucks? If the block is machined and the rotating assembly is balanced you are well on your way.

Search this Thread