LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The head of one of my spark plugs is cracked?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The head of one of my spark plugs is cracked?

So it initially started when I was inspecting my engine. And on cylinder one there is sparks coming out of where the plug and wire connect. I went ahead and just did a wire replacement. And I didn't notice that the plug on cylinder one (the one that is sparking) is cracked up pretty bad at the head where the white is. Could this be causing misfire. Because my z28 is stuttering when I'm giving it any kind of gas? Please help. I'm going to get a new plug in the morning but I want to know if that sounds like misfire to yall. At idle the car kind bumps a little every couple seconds. And when I'm moving its so annoying. It literally stutters every second or two and I inch toward the steering wheel everytime. >
Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the insulator is cracked that could cause the misfire.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseythefalcon
So it initially started when I was inspecting my engine. And on cylinder one there is sparks coming out of where the plug and wire connect. I went ahead and just did a wire replacement. And I didn't notice that the plug on cylinder one (the one that is sparking) is cracked up pretty bad at the head where the white is. Could this be causing misfire. Because my z28 is stuttering when I'm giving it any kind of gas? Please help. I'm going to get a new plug in the morning but I want to know if that sounds like misfire to yall. At idle the car kind bumps a little every couple seconds. And when I'm moving its so annoying. It literally stutters every second or two and I inch toward the steering wheel everytime. >
Definately your cause if misfire.. Definately change plugs.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Quick Reply: The head of one of my spark plugs is cracked?