LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP!! Z28 stalls

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Z28 stalls

I have a 94 Z28 and its giving me a really tough time.

The problem is, it keeps stalling either at idle or when i hit the brakes coming to a stop. It is an intermittent problem, but it does only seem to happen when its warm, not all the time though. When it stalls, it idles really rough, then very smooth like its not even running, then shuts off. Or when im driving, ill hit the brakes approaching a stop and it will just shut off. Radio will remain on, but the power steering, brakes and engine will shut off. If i put in park and crank the key, it will turn right back on, no problem, like nothing happened, still idles rough though.

Ive cleaned MAF sensor, checked for vacuum leaks, had radiator flushed recently, also when i check hoses, i noticed the pcv valve was missing, so i replaced it as well as the hose. Didnt fix the problem.

Any tips would be appreciated as this is my daily driver for a little while and I need to get to work lol. I really dont want to pay to take it to a shop when I may have the means to fix it myself. I am also kind of new to fixing these problems so an in depth description would help.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM

Also had the distributor replaced about 3 months ago as well as an A/C bypass pully installed.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Clean the IAC valve and passages. Do not push on the pintle of the IAC.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 PM

it keeps getting better, any troubleshooting for my dlc not connecting to my scanner?

Ill try the IAC tomorrow, thank you for the reply
Old 05-27-2012, 05:45 PM

cleaned the idle air control and it doesnt seem to be helping.

Is there any way that i can adjust the idle, or is it possible that my idle is too low. what controls the idle? the computer?

Quick Reply: HELP!! Z28 stalls