LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 High Idle Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 High Idle Help

I recently purchased a 1994 Camaro z28 m6, with 105,000 miles. The problem is when you first turn it on, it starts of at 1500 Rpms then works its way up to 2000 Rpms slowly. So, its very high rev'd and disturbing. It just stays there. Its got me very stumped. What i do know about the car, from what previous owner has done to it is: New opti-spark, Spark plugs & wires, New motor oil, transmission oil, New coolant flush, New Fuel pump & filter, Has smaller harmonic balancer, Cold air intake. Could any of these things effect it to make it idle so high? What I've replaced is, the Throttle body gasket, Cover plate gasket. I've also cleaned out the Throttle body. I've Checked all vacuum lines, they all seem to be fine. Soon to replace the IAC, Hoping its that. But other then that im stuck. Could it be that it needs a tune, or that he did a tune before? Could it be that i need to replace my intake manifold gaskets?
Thanks for who ever helps, really appreciate it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Have you cleaned the MAF?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Check your voltage at your TPS on the blue wire with the ignition on. It should read .67 volts. (If not, adjust it) this would affect the idle. I would also get a mechanic's stethoscope and listen for hissing around the intake and vaccuum lines while revving the engine to see if the hiss gets louder.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6Blackbird
Check your voltage at your TPS on the blue wire with the ignition on. It should read .67 volts. (If not, adjust it) this would affect the idle. I would also get a mechanic's stethoscope and listen for hissing around the intake and vaccuum lines while revving the engine to see if the hiss gets louder.
Sorry Noob here. What do i need to do it/how?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Lt1 High Idle Help