Go Back   LS1TECH > SBC-BBC-LT1-LT4 PERFORMANCE > LT1-LT4 Modifications
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LT1-LT4 Modifications
1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default Lt1 High Idle Help

I recently purchased a 1994 Camaro z28 m6, with 105,000 miles. The problem is when you first turn it on, it starts of at 1500 Rpms then works its way up to 2000 Rpms slowly. So, its very high rev'd and disturbing. It just stays there. Its got me very stumped. What i do know about the car, from what previous owner has done to it is: New opti-spark, Spark plugs & wires, New motor oil, transmission oil, New coolant flush, New Fuel pump & filter, Has smaller harmonic balancer, Cold air intake. Could any of these things effect it to make it idle so high? What I've replaced is, the Throttle body gasket, Cover plate gasket. I've also cleaned out the Throttle body. I've Checked all vacuum lines, they all seem to be fine. Soon to replace the IAC, Hoping its that. But other then that im stuck. Could it be that it needs a tune, or that he did a tune before? Could it be that i need to replace my intake manifold gaskets?
Thanks for who ever helps, really appreciate it.
one_fast_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Have you cleaned the MAF?
Rodinator1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Garage is empty, add now

Check your voltage at your TPS on the blue wire with the ignition on. It should read .67 volts. (If not, adjust it) this would affect the idle. I would also get a mechanic's stethoscope and listen for hissing around the intake and vaccuum lines while revving the engine to see if the hiss gets louder.
WS6Blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS6Blackbird View Post
Check your voltage at your TPS on the blue wire with the ignition on. It should read .67 volts. (If not, adjust it) this would affect the idle. I would also get a mechanic's stethoscope and listen for hissing around the intake and vaccuum lines while revving the engine to see if the hiss gets louder.
Sorry Noob here. What do i need to do it/how?
Thanks
one_fast_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1993, 2000, body, camaro, chevy, coasting, engine, fast, high, idle, idles, line, lt1, rpm, throttle, vacuum, warm, z28