LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Budget 383 dyno results! Couple issues...

Old 03-23-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shbox
You do know that MSD will refurbish the opti for a "minimal" charge, right? If defective, they might just replace it for nothing.
"minimal" is $137 FWIW I can't complain...I bought it second hand for $200 and it was missing the vent hoses. They made it right and it looks to be a brand new opti rather than a remanufactured.

Now to get a refund from Autozone for their POS...
Old 03-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
This being the 6th optispark over my car's lifetime it finally...
Great googly moogly.

I've only ever had three. First one was factory stock one and and was rotory related. It's now my backup. Second was rotary and sensor related and third is running good so far. Car has 130,000 miles on it.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Great googly moogly.
Looks great, but who are the CHEFS?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I too had a bad opti that I thought was valve float at first, however it wouldn't hurt to get the springs tested, or at least get one of these and test as many springs as you can reach:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-62390/overview/
^ Thanks...Looks like a combination of improperly installed springs and them just being marginal to begin with was my issue. The old beehives only had 100lbs of seat pressure as installed when tested with a spring tester, no wonder they were floating like crazy ....the shop that put them on didn't shim them up to the right installed height to get the seat pressure up to 130lbs it seems

New dual springs have over 150lb seat pressure installed Should be interesting to see how much power is picked up at 6K+ RPM! My opti is freshly rebuilt and not skipping a beat, I should be able to eliminate it as a cause for now.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we officially call you Barney the dinosaur having the purple car?! Glad to hear everything finally got settled. There's no glory without suffering! What joy do you get out of a motor that never gave you any trouble
Now next time you blow the tires off in a cloud of smoke all the way to 60+MPH you can look back at all the headaches you went through and think what beast you made your car into
Old 05-22-2015, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VoyagerCamaro
Can we officially call you Barney the dinosaur having the purple car?! Glad to hear everything finally got settled. There's no glory without suffering! What joy do you get out of a motor that never gave you any trouble
Now next time you blow the tires off in a cloud of smoke all the way to 60+MPH you can look back at all the headaches you went through and think what beast you made your car into
LOL...it wouldn't be the first time it's been referred to as the Barney mobile! Yeah, by that measure, the LT1 is the most joyful engine in my life This one came a long way from being wrecked and nearly junked; to almost a full restoration with new paint/wheels/interior, rebuilt engine/trans/rear end.

The new dual springs are making it pull much stronger starting at 4K RPM+ pulling to a 6500 shift point....I still haven't found what RPM the fuel cutoff was tuned for yet by PCM for less; I'm guessing 6700-6800 rpm.

Here's a recent pic:
Old 12-08-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pardon me my good gentleman.....would you happen to possess a smidgen of Grey Poupon to entice the delicate suave faire upon a fellow friend's hors devours ?
Yeah.....TEN !!!!
How you gonna get a readin' on that that plastigage if you don't unbolt the "heavenly arranged perfect pairing.....". Take them bit***s apart and be mindful of what you're doin'. lifestyles of Rich n Famous Grand PooBah go smoke one and pull the nylons down, I say I say Pull 'dat wedgie out so your brain can get some air and save some of the same by not tootin' your own trombone. Geeeez' cuzz....
Old 12-09-2015, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ShagNasty359
Pardon me my good gentleman.....would you happen to possess a smidgen of Grey Poupon to entice the delicate suave faire upon a fellow friend's hors devours ?
Yeah.....TEN !!!!
How you gonna get a readin' on that that plastigage if you don't unbolt the "heavenly arranged perfect pairing.....". Take them bit***s apart and be mindful of what you're doin'. lifestyles of Rich n Famous Grand PooBah go smoke one and pull the nylons down, I say I say Pull 'dat wedgie out so your brain can get some air and save some of the same by not tootin' your own trombone. Geeeez' cuzz....
I say old chap, shagnasty359 ; I humbly and respectfully request you put down your beloved crackpipe and step away from the computer please. Good day to you sir!

Last edited by ahritchie; 12-09-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
I say old chap, shagnasty359 ; I humbly and respectfully request you put down your beloved crackpipe and step away from the computer please. Good day to you sir!

Lol....NICE !! Love a comeback//// little back n forth to start off with this morning does a body GOOD (hopefully it will, I'm feeling the pound of maple flavored bacon that just up and went gittin' impacted in an early turn of what I just KNEW was gonna be a tri-oval now seemingly looking more Sonoma-ish....oooohh this is hurtin' on the way. And no crack contaminates these vascular passageways NO SIR !!! Once back in Amarillo near '03 but I was LIED to and promptly resold that vile corruptor of whiteness back on to that cesspool of a.......hmmm.....community of slackers. I'm a PRODUCER
mustard ? have a beautiful day, yeah ten ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Budget 383 dyno results! Couple issues...