LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally made a pass on the track last night.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 06:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally made a pass on the track last night.

I went to the track last Friday for my first run in the drag car and as I'm warming up the rear end by driving around the pits, I run over a screw in my tire.

Finally made a pass on the track last night.-u8arm.jpg

30 minutes after I get to the track I'm loading the car back on the trailer and headed home.
~$100 intertube later I get it fixed and head to the track last night.

Last night I got my first run in the car in and while it wasn't a great run, I was really just learning the burnout and transbrake launch.

My second run right after I left on the transbrake the transmission cooler line blew off and I had the car a bit sideways down the track. I oiled the track down as well.

Finally made a pass on the track last night.-9xrb1.jpg

Now I don't know if I'll get enough passes in before the shootout to have the car sorted out, the only event I can run in is outlaw.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:45 AM
11 Second Club

thats a sick LT1 drag car! dont worry you wont be alone everyone else is in the same boat. just make it out and you'll have a chance to win! everyone else is still assembling motors lol
Old 08-11-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks nasty! Do you have a build thread?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So im assuming this is an LT1 car? Not that it matters since its a first gen and its sick as hell
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am sure she will be a hand full for some time. What et were you looking to get with it the way it is?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! Will you be in the LTX street stock class?

LOL
Old 08-11-2012, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Dude, bring it to the shootout anyways! My car had about 1 hour of runtime before the shootout last year and hadn't been over 50mph. It made its first full throttle test during my first time trial. You can honestly get an easy 10 passes in before qualifying begins. Plenty of time for you to tweak stuff. If you need anything in the pits don't be afraid to ask, everyone is super helpful. Also we can all work wonders in the hotel parking lot on friday night. Figure 40-50 gearheads, tools galore, beer and a shitload of enthusiasm. You'll have a blast regardless of how the car runs.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dave357LT1
Car looks nasty! Do you have a build thread?
I got a lot of pictures, but my main computer is down right now. Most of the build is actually kind of boring. Doing the Lexan windows is really tough to make it look decent. Also the car was originally set up for a BBC, but the damn LT1 with an electric water pump is longer than a BBC.

This is the 94 Camaro some kids vandalized so I pulled the motor out of it and put it in the drag car. That motor was driven on the street and it was not a whole lot of fun to drive in the street car.

Here is the fuel system, it is explained in the video as shown, but it is mechanical alcohol injected. Ron's Flying Toilet with an Enderle pump.

The oil system, I'm running a Moroso Accumulator that is triggered off of the ignition.

Some of the electronics.

The water system, pretty boring video.

First start.

Finally made a pass on the track last night.-xqejs.jpg
Old 08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
So im assuming this is an LT1 car? Not that it matters since its a first gen and its sick as hell
Yea it is a 95 LT1 Corvette 4 bolt main block. Dart Pro 1 heads (ported a few times). Super Vic with a 4500 carb flange off a SBC. I can't even remember which pistons are in it. The pistons are either JE or SRP I can't remember as I built a few LT1s and a LQ4 around the same time. The bottom is a Eagle forged kit, Stefs Pan, ATI Balancer, and other stuff.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by transbird95
I am sure she will be a hand full for some time. What et were you looking to get with it the way it is?
Not really sure, I would be happy with 9s but the car was meant for a BBC and went much faster than that.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
Nice! Will you be in the LTX street stock class?

LOL
When I blew that transmission line a V-6 Camaro with a miss could have got me. Yea I looked at the rules for street stock. I'm about 1400lbs underweight.