LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

DA shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA shocks

Hey guys! First time posting up on this site (I'm on ltx tech as dawdaw a ton) Plan on upgrading my rear and front shocks this winter on my 95 camaro... The car has seen low 1.4 sixty foots on a high 4000 rpm window switch with a 150 shot...I plan on leaving the car off the t-brake and a 200 shot and want to have the best shocks as possible... With that being said, you guys that are cutting sixty foots in the 1.3's and even lower what kind of shocks are you running? Currently I'm looking at AFCO's, Strange, and QA1'S. They are all pricy as hell but I want to make sure I'm getting the best of the best. I for sure want to get dual adjustable's for the best suspension tuning options. also what lb spring should I get on the front coil overs? The car weighs in at 3610 with me in it and next winter I plan on pulling about 200-300 lbs out of this fat bastard.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well as for shocks, those you listed are all very good. For spring rates I've seen the "norm" is 275-300 lb/in. That's the amount of weight to get it to drop 1". I believe rears are usually 150-175. That's a good place to start. If you're still street driving it I recommend the 300 for the front to keep you from bottoming out too often. The 275 is a but light for a full weight car. With DA shocks you should be able to tune for any track.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

AFCO makes a nice coil-over shock that bolts right in that is double adjustable. That wll allow you to adjust the ride height in back as well. Price was $329 each from Madman. He's a sponsor in here:

http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/shop/
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by duh
Well as for shocks, those you listed are all very good. For spring rates I've seen the "norm" is 275-300 lb/in. That's the amount of weight to get it to drop 1". I believe rears are usually 150-175. That's a good place to start. If you're still street driving it I recommend the 300 for the front to keep you from bottoming out too often. The 275 is a but light for a full weight car. With DA shocks you should be able to tune for any track.
Cool that's what I was thinking on spring rates. Thanks!

Originally Posted by joelster
AFCO makes a nice coil-over shock that bolts right in that is double adjustable. That wll allow you to adjust the ride height in back as well. Price was $329 each from Madman. He's a sponsor in here:
http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/shop/
Thanks Joelster! I planned on getting all my suspension stuff this, and next winter from madman.. Will that AFCO bolt right into a madman style mount on the rear? I Can't recall what my shock's extended length is, I hope they do.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGsmokey10
Cool that's what I was thinking on spring rates. Thanks!

Thanks Joelster! I planned on getting all my suspension stuff this, and next winter from madman.. Will that AFCO bolt right into a madman style mount on the rear? I Can't recall what my shock's extended length is, I hope they do.
Madman is a genious with 4th gen stuff. If you call him he will sell you a set that will bolt right up.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by joelster
Madman is a genious with 4th gen stuff. If you call him he will sell you a set that will bolt right up.
'

Ya I just got my low mount alternator kit from him in the mail yesterday... They sound very knowledgeable about 4th gens... Thanks!

Quick Reply: DA shocks