LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help Troubleshooting AC Comp and Trans

Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Troubleshooting AC Comp and Trans

I really need some help here. My ac compressor is squealing badly when I turn my air on. I think it is about to freeze up. Does anyone know a belt number I could use to bypass it? It also has a bbk underdrive pulley. The other problem I'm having is the clutch not engaging smoothly taking off in first gear. You can feel it engaging but it chatters and lags down and wants to die. The trans shifts well in every gear though. I'd like to add more but not sure what to say. What do you guys think?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you should fix the compressor.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

You sure it's not the belt squeaking? Belts are notorious for squealing when using an U/D pulley. Reason being is the tensioner cannot hold enough tension on the belt. What sized belt do you have? I ran a 590 belt and always had this problem. Not sure about your clutch issue. Maybe make sure the slave pushrod is seated properly into the clutch fork? Try increasing RPM when engaging the clutch?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I figured out the flywheel was bad. I'm putting a new spec clutch kit and flywheel in it, so I shouldn't have any worries. I still have to fix the compressor clutch though. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help Troubleshooting AC Comp and Trans