LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Weird symptoms after some work :/

Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird symptoms after some work :/

96 LT1, 280xfi cam, stock ported heads, ported intake, tb, full exhaust, pcmforless tune, 30lb injectors, 255 pump, holley regulator, 4sp auto, and other usual stuff for top end build.

Well anyways, I did all the work a year ago, not recently, just saying. I got into a few things this past week and its acting different. Everything I did recently was wrapped my headers, new 8.5mm wires, wire harness tuck (mostly), new canton valve covers (fabbed ones), and changed pcv/crankcase ventilation back to stock. What I mean is I had breathers on my other covers and I reverted back to the normal TB to pass valve cover with the cantons.

OK so some of the symptoms are:
1) The idle is lower than it was, around 500-600 and it was at 1000
2) Its louder as in exhaust. BBK headers, true duals, no cats, dynomax bullet mufflers. It was always loud with this exhaust and cam, but it seems even louder now than before. Not complaining really, just weird
3) The air from the passenger exhaust outlet is hot while the driver side is cold?? Both headers get hot and theres not CEL so the driver bank is firing. That was even after ten minutes of idling.
4) Didn't really get on it, but it seemed the throttle had about 1/2 second hesitation.

All of this has me stumped. I'm not sure if all of it has to do with the ventilation systme or not, but I really hope someone can help me.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Teching In

bump.......
Old 08-31-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

SO swap the breathers back & see what it does LoL A simple step by step Elimination process will get you farther than posting LoL Double check your work after anything that doesnt "Seem Right"
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is it possible there could be some kind of restriction in the muffler causing serious back pressure?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Not sure what restrictions since they are dynomax bullets (wide opne basically). And I tried swapping breathers back as well the other day. Nothing changed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird symptoms after some work :/