LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Transmission? ECM? Something Else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission? ECM? Something Else?

I have a 1996 z28 cammed, auto, stall with bolt ons. I went to the track today and got 2 passes in before the problems started. At WOP, the transmission doesnt want to shift. Once I release the gas, it will shift. The car will rev up to the rev limiter and just hang there and check engine light comes on on until I release the gas. This happens between 1st and 2nd, and 2nd and 3rd. If I am not in WOP, everything works fine. Any suggestions? I currently have an OBI computer with a pcmforless tune. (not for sure if this has anything to do with it but just in case). I will try to scan the ECM in the next couple days to see what code was thrown but I wanted to get some opinions on what the problem could be before I start to trouble shoot. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds like stall wall that the programmer can (or should have) taken care of.

WOP?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. Do you think this is the case even though the first 2 passes didnt have any problem?

My next question that I have and am looking for an opinion. When I did my cam install, I went to an OBDI computer as opposed to keeping the OBDII. I would like to take the camaro to a Dyno and get it Dyno tuned and dialed in. Would anyone recommend going back to OBDII or continue with the OBDI?

WOT! Not for sure what I was thinking!

Quick Reply: Transmission? ECM? Something Else?