LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 z28 surges/bucks when warm; acceleration and WOT ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 z28 surges/bucks when warm; acceleration and WOT ONLY

Hey everyone, I'm in a pit of despair... I have a 1994 Z28 that i just traded for my old SUV and I have no paperwork on what mods were done, I can tell you that the exhaust from headers back have been done, a K&N air filter was put in and thats it.

My main issue is when my car warms up (after 15 min. of driving) it has a bad bucking/surging when i go past 1/4 throttle all the way up to WOT. the idle is smooth and sits at about 800, and no surging present when idle or parked, I can even rev perfectly in neutral.

I recently just changed the TPS and IAT sensor, and tried SeaFoam for ****s and giggles, and no change.

And before I start getting responses about this, please remember its only after the car has warmed up; and the idle, park, and neutral are perfect.

Any help will greatly be appreciated!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could be 02 sensors, maf sensor, even icm, opti... after its warmed up it enters close loop? which then controls fuel and spark by all the sensors readings if one isn't ereading right it could mess everything up real quick... my buddy had a similiar problem, with it being his opti though only difference was his car wouldn't idle right and would just want to go go go, id try to get a code reader on there or something that will let you read live data, make sure o2s are reading correctly, you coud also try disconnecting maf and driving like that see if it helps, could also be a fuel pump going out i don't know just throwing out some suggestions

Quick Reply: 94 z28 surges/bucks when warm; acceleration and WOT ONLY