LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TCS/ASR/4 channel ABS/Cruise questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCS/ASR/4 channel ABS/Cruise questions

I've done some searching already without finding what I'm looking for. I thought about posting in the gears/axles/suspension/brakes section, but figured here is better since I'm wanting information specific to LT1 cars.

I recently picked up a 96 TA A4 car that has traction control. Is there a way for me to remove the traction control while keeping both the ABS and cruise functioning normally? Also, with no lights lit up all the time.

What about just relocation the traction control to somewhere less hideous than right on top of the engine? If this would work, I might like this way best since the car will most likely be driven by one or more of my children in the near future.

Thanks everyone for your help in advance!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...r-removal.html
Old 10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Run a 3 channel ABS unit, with a 3 chan rear, and grab a regular cruise control unit.

Otherwise, just relocate the TCS motor, if you remove it you lose ABS/ASR/cruise
Old 10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

THANKS!!! I don't know why that thread didn't show up while I was searching for a half hour. It's got exactly the information I needed.

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Run a 3 channel ABS unit, with a 3 chan rear, and grab a regular cruise control unit.

Otherwise, just relocate the TCS motor, if you remove it you lose ABS/ASR/cruise
I may look into relocating it, but according to the linked thread, I can keep ABS & cruise and only loose ASR as long as I use a resistor to trick the EBTCM. Check it out.....very short read, but it covers it.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
THANKS!!! I don't know why that thread didn't show up while I was searching for a half hour. It's got exactly the information I needed.

I may look into relocating it, but according to the linked thread, I can keep ABS & cruise and only loose ASR as long as I use a resistor to trick the EBTCM. Check it out.....very short read, but it covers it.
Did this work? I'm in the same process.

Quick Reply: TCS/ASR/4 channel ABS/Cruise questions