LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

engine died

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine died

Alright here's the deal, I was coming home from picking up my pc from the computer shop and when I got to the stop sign I started to go and my engine just quit, it a 6-speed car so it just stopped with no warning at all. It was literally instantainious. When I tried to restart it it just turn over but not start, when I let cool off for a few minutes I would try to start it and for a fraction of a second it would try to start, then nothing, it would just turn over. I got a feeling it's the opti spark but I'm not for sure. Unfortunately I have to do all the work myself and limited on tools now and have no access to a diagnostic machine for such so any ideas that you guys can give would greatly be appriciated!!!! Sorry for the spelling, I'm tired and stressed. This is my only means of transportation so it's ultra important to get it running again!!!

Thanks
Ron
Old 10-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Teching In

I had a similar problem with my lt1 before. I was driving down the road and my car just died. the problem with mine was the ignition control moduel.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by m1995
I had a similar problem with my lt1 before. I was driving down the road and my car just died. the problem with mine was the ignition control moduel.
Thats what happen with me, I would start with spark. Pull a wire see if you have any, If you do move on to fuel. If no spark I say ICM or coil but im going to say ICM since it started for a second when it cooled off a little
Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

seen it happen many times. contol modules sometimes they can cause an intermittent stalling problem, or sometimes they just totally quit, will not give a code either
Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys I'll check that out, hopefully it's that simple!!!

Quick Reply: engine died