LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PLEASE HELP O2 sensor porblem

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP O2 sensor porblem

I just bought a 95 z28 3 weeks ago it has long tube headers with slp exhaust.. Car is not running 100% it breaks up until the check engine light comes on then runs a little better but still not perfect. Ive been told that the car comes with 4 o2 sensors from factory but only has 2 underneath by the collector and when i plug in a scanner it comes up left and right o2 sensor. The car was said to have a nitrious tune in it and is tune for only 93 but during the gas shortage he was only able to get 87, would this mess up the sensors that bad and that fast?. If there is anyone on here that would not mind giving me a number to call to talk to someone it would be much appreciated i feel like im running around like a chicken with out a head
Old 12-14-2012, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Change the o2 sensors and contact a tuner for the correct tune
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gonna try and answer this best I can. This are quick answers so...

If its a 95 it only has 2 o2 sensors one on each collector.

Tuned for 93 and running 87 wont hurt the engine or sensors by its self, engine knock is what would hurt the engine. google octane that if you want more info

Nitrous tune usually has timing pulled for the spray, so it would be a "safer" tune if anything then set up for no spray. Any proof it was tuned?

If you have a scanner hooked up, view the data while its running and watch the mv # for the o2 sensors, they should jump around a lot 100-800~. If they arnt moving much or are stuck on one # thats your issue.

I had similar symptoms and turned out to be one bad 02.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Launching!

I second the O2 sensor replacement and mail order tune idea.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP O2 sensor porblem