LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

the new MSD 8226 /93 formula???

Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the new MSD 8226 /93 formula???

so here we go a few days ago i went down to the local parts and ordered a msd ignition coil since everywhere else is out of stock online and when it came in i noticed it was the newer designed msd 8226 once i got it hooked up and started my car it didnt even idle unless you slightly gave it some throttle??? so i went back to the old coil and it ran good enough for me to go get my money back and get a set of NGK tr55 part#3951 so i went and installed them in the car and man the guy i bought the car from a few months back was running 4 champion spark plugs on one side and bosch platinum plugs on the other but when i started the car it finally idled good and everything seemed to be ok until the test drive it would start strong and then start to sputter down and bog and then pick bck up now i'm wondering would running the msd coil possible foul out the old spark plug's or wire's??? how come even with new plugs it almost runs worst than before???is there any possible way that it may have damaged my msd distributor??? any help would be appreciated thx
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run that coil for 2yrs with no issues, check harness for shorts and bad grounds, check fuel pressure when isuue is happening...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had the old and new MSD coils, they are hit or miss. I've had both types fail, just called up MSD and got a new one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the new MSD 8226 /93 formula???