LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

opti tps or aic

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opti tps or aic

Ok got my car back together after wiring everything up car ran fine for the first couple starts for 10 mins or so each time then it died. Took the icm and coil to get tested bad. Got new ones the started up with ease then dies after about ten minutes again. In order to get it fired I have to crank it a while and hold pedal to the floor could keep it alive above 1000rpms let it drop down after a while it idled for a min then die. Now I can get it to fire not stay running. I think it's opti. After a long nite of work on it forgot hose clamp on WP water got all over it im assuming. With car off but key in the on position opti was making like computer type noises. Your opinions?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

??????
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Lol that's very odd for you not to have an opinion you usually always got an answer
Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Maybe he wants to know what computer type noises from the opti are ?

If water got on it from your water pump that would be highly suspect for your issue. But if the car stays running until warmed up it could just be on its way out. Was there an original problem before you worked on the car ?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94whiteZ
Ok got my car back together after wiring everything up car ran fine for the first couple starts for 10 mins or so each time then it died. Took the icm and coil to get tested bad. Got new ones the started up with ease then dies after about ten minutes again. In order to get it fired I have to crank it a while and hold pedal to the floor could keep it alive above 1000rpms let it drop down after a while it idled for a min then die. Now I can get it to fire not stay running. I think it's opti. After a long nite of work on it forgot hose clamp on WP water got all over it im assuming. With car off but key in the on position opti was making like computer type noises. Your opinions?
no offence but this is hard to understand/read

prolly what he ment by the ??????
Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Don't know how to explain the noises just like glitching I guess you can say. Opti I just bought could be a bad opti from the get go. Lucky its lifetime warranty. I'm thinking its opti just wanted to see if it was a sensor. Yea car ran tranny went out
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Don't see how its hard to read next time slow down when you read it

Quick Reply: opti tps or aic