LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Texas Speed Rumbler vs Loudmouth for LT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed Rumbler vs Loudmouth for LT1

Ok guys forgive me in advance being as im sure this has been asked a million times. But I recently picked up a 95 Z28 convertible with 50k thats completely stock and im looking to give it some noise. Right now im debating on the two exhausts listed above. Now im not really concerned with it being too loud. its a garage queen and only gets driven once and a while. What I am concerned about is the "modification" of the exhaust to fit my 95 LT1. The exhaust states its for the LS cars . What will I have to do to make this fit ? I do not want to ruin this car, its just too nice to cut and hack at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GMMG and never look back.

www.madhammer.com <- The manufacterer of all GMMG catbacks.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 AM

Hey thanks man but they seem to be harder to get ahold of or find. Are they custom built? and from what I hear they are one of the most expensive. Any merit to that?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoDELZ28
Hey thanks man but they seem to be harder to get ahold of or find. Are they custom built? and from what I hear they are one of the most expensive. Any merit to that?
Great example of "you get what you pay for"

GMMG is seen as the ultimate exhaust for the 4th gen Fbody. It gets no better.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 AM

Its def a nice cat back but money is a factor on this build. Im leaning more towards the stainless slp loudmouth but am a little hessitant being my car is a 95. From what I read I will have to modify a pipe in order to make it work. Is this correct and if so how much of a pain is it for a exhaust shop to make it?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Launching!

If money is a factor, I would definitely just look into buying individual mufflers and having an exhaust shop use their own pipes. I'm not a fan of paying $500 for a catback system when my local exhaust shop can do it for a quarter of that price. I bought my $150 SLP LoudMouths for my Cobra and had an exhaust shop weld them up and bend some of their own piping all for $125. And also, I'm not a fan of the way SLPs sound on LT1s. I think dynomax bullets sound way better imho.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

The tsp rumbler is the best buy/quality imho. Love mine. Loud when you open it up but pretty quiet while cruising. No way i'd have an exhaust shop do custom crush bend piping. For $265 shipped you can't beat the rumbler. Sure the gmmg is the best of the best but if you can't afford it you should highly consider the rumbler.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoDELZ28
Madhammer is the original builder of all GMMG catbacks, no matter where you buy it or what car it is on. If you order from him, it's usually about a week to your door it seems. I bought mine from there, no complaints at all. Plus free shipping means it's hundreds cheaper than the other places that sell it.

If you get some cheapo hack job done, you'll most likely regret it and want a nice catback later anyway, just making it all the more expensive.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

I'd go for the TSP rumbler. It's dirt cheap and easy to install; the pipes were bent well from the factory and there were no fitment issues. I currently am running it BTW. It is pretty damn loud though, considering the fact that is essentially a muffler delete with a hollowed out glasspack (resonator). I love mine, and it was easy to get aftermarket tips that fit well.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM

thanks everyone for the great input. I was convinced on the tsp rumbler until I found out that its aluminized not stainless. Now im no mathmatician but for 250.00 plus shipping and not comming with tips, after you buy tips and pay to ship it its almost the same price as the SLP and its stainless including tips. Now the question is where to buy the SLP from. Ive been on LMPerformance and Texas Speed. Any input on these guys or someone have another distributor they use?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go loudmouth. $360 shipped from vendors on eBay. Fully stainless with your tips of choice. Can't go wrong that way and nothing is gonna flow better than a straight through design.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM

SLP ordered from WS-6 store!!!!! And the other night I climbed under my car and found out its a 2 cat car. Whats the chances of a 95 lt1 in Delaware being a california car!!!!. Meaning the 98-02 will bolt directly on

Quick Reply: Texas Speed Rumbler vs Loudmouth for LT1