LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Passangers side O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passangers side O2 sensor

I'm changing the O2 sensors on my 94 z28. They only have two. Got the one on the drivers side out with no stuggle what so ever. The passengers side seems almost impossible to get to. Getting it out I dont have a problem with its the actually getting to it. Anyone done it before? Any tips?
Thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just removed mine on a 94 TA last weekend. I tried all the normal methods, then had to go to a (6 or 8") monkey wrench with a pipe on it. Probably not a good method but it worked for me lol and that was after spraying it with PB and letting it sit. Its a pain, I'm sure removing the y-pipe would of made it a ton easier but didnt want to risk breaking a bolt, didnt care if i damaged the o2

Oh yea but my trans is out at the moment so im sure that made a big difference but might work for you.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Is this on a stock exhaust? Is your issue getting to it or breaking it loose? If your issue is breaking it loose, spray the **** out of it with pb blaster, don't be Jewish spray the hell out of it. Let it sit overnight, then spray it again and try to break it free. Cut the wires off so you can get a socket over it. If that doesn't work, go get a little torch, the kind you use to braze copper, and heat that bitch up, then try. If brute force doesn't work, your not using enough.

Quick Reply: Passangers side O2 sensor