LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

random misfire after warming up

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random misfire after warming up

Good morning all,
Friday my 94 TA began experiencing a misfire after warming up out of nowhere. I took it to work and home and had no issues, it ran strong no sputtering, no bucking, nothing. I got it home and attepted to go to the store and it began to misfire in the low rpm ranges. The previous MSD opti was junk and replaced with a Delphi/GM about 6 months ago. Im not concerned with it being the opti since it would be through the rpm range and mis at higher rpms (most of the time). I have had issues with the ICM a few times and am beginning to wonder if this is it again. The engine is 3 years old and has less than 10k on it with all internals and sensors being replaced. Am i looking in the right direction to start with the ICM and wires/plugs and to go on from there? Any help would be great.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last time my car did this it was a bad O2 sensor.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Teching In

I'm hoping that's not it as I just replaced those a month ago. And of course as it always happens I need my laptop and its down for the count.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Mine did this and after changing the 02 sensors, opti, coil, spark plugs, wires, and icm it wound up being my ecm that was the problem. Not saying it's you're problem but that's what fixed mine.

Quick Reply: random misfire after warming up